All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionVincent van Gogh's tumultuous final years were the climax of his career as a colourist. In France he reached a sustained height of expression and created a prodigious quantity of work, the importance of which is incontestable. In the landscapes, portraits and still lifes from this period the intensity and singularity of vision finds its apotheosis. Presented here is a comprehensive illustrated catalogue of Van Gogh's paintings executed between 1886 and 1890 in Paris, Arles, Saint-Remy and Auvers-sur-Oise. Each of some 580 works from that time is reproduced in full colour and appears in related scale to its original size. All kwn provenance is given. For the first time the paintings recorded in early documents like the 'Andries Bonger Inventory List' of 1890 and the 1905 Amsterdam Exhibition are fully identified. This book includes a wealth of new information of crucial importance to collectors, dealers, art historians and public institutions, while providing an extraordinary visual record of the most creative and productive period of Van Gogh's career. It promises to be one of the most significant and enduring contributions to the understanding of this artist.
- Author BiographyWalter Feilchenfeldt is a world authority on Cezanne and Van Gogh and has written extensively on these painters including being co-author with John Rewald of The Paintings of Paul Cezanne: A Catalogue Raisonne. He is based in Zurich.
- Author(s)Walter Feilchenfeldt
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note580 colour and b/w
- Weight454 g
- Width245 mm
- Height308 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.