All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title highlights 250 practical uses in the home health; healing; beauty; homecare; and, cooking. Discover the amazing powers of vinegar and over 250 practical ways in which it can be used in the medicine chest, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and garden. This title includes a fascinating look at the history, production and fermentation of vinegar, followed by a directory that describes and examines each type. It offers natural remedies, treatments and preparations, including digestive tonics, first aid applications, body washes and hair treatments. It provides expert advice on how to use vinegar in the home to clean, remove odours, care for your pet, restore furniture and utensils and improve your laundry. It presents recipes, hints and tips for using all types of vinegar in the kitchen, from dressings and chutneys to sauces, baking, and drinks. Everything has been shown step-by-step with more than 380 colour photographs throughout. Vinegar has been used for centuries for an infinite range of purposes. In this practical book, the introduction covers the history, folklore and science of vinegar, followed by a comprehensive directory to its many varieties. Find out how to treat bruises, sore throats and other common ailments, then discover how to care for your skin and hair before learning how to mix your own natural pesticides, limescale removers and furniture restorers. Blend relishes and vinaigrettes and create classic salads and pasta dishes with 30 simple recipes. Colour photographs throughout illustrate the versatility and benefits of this magical ingredient.
- Author BiographyBridget Jones graduated in home economics then worked as a food stylist for a major publishing house before training as an editor. She launched into a freelance career to marry the satisfaction of editing and creating books with an enthusiasm for writing and a passion for food and cooking. Bridget has written more than 50 books on a wide range of food subjects, and acted as a consultant on a number of major titles. She contributes to many magazines and has appeared extensively on local radio.
- Author(s)Bridget Jones
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 380 colour photographs
- Weight658 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.