Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the mayor of Kansas City as he's called upon to remove the spell of an evil hyptist. Meet Bottles, the beer guzzling canine, as he makes his way around town on the streetcars. See a tiny Russian prince fall in love, celebrate the birth of the Gypsy King's son, and relive the days of vaudeville and ragtime with these true, whimsical, Vintage Kansas City Stories, taken from the pages of The Kansas City Journal during the years 1907-1909. More than 75 illustrated stories go beyond the history of an American metropolis to tell what it was like to live in an age where old-world people were meeting new techlogies, embracing modern thought, and facing a century that promised a world of possibility. Includes a bonus, The Story of Kansas City, the town's early years as seen through the eyes of John Henderson Miller, who moved to Kansas City in 1857 as a small child and grew up as the town was growing, through the Civil War and the birth of the railroads.
- Author BiographyHistory lover and ephemera addict L. A. Little lives in the hometown of Harry S Truman, and devotes herself to preserving the memories of obscure people, places, and things.
- Author(s)L A Little
- PublisherVintage Antique Classics
- Date of Publication20/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Antique Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.