All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionVintage Lingerie includes: -30 beautiful and historically accurate examples of period lingerie from 1850 to 1970, covering a range of fabulous vintage pieces from 1920s French knickers to 1950s pin-up brassieres. It includes corsets, brassieres, girdles, petticoats, and much more.-Each stunning example is accompanied by a full working pattern, photographs and drawings, plus a historical overview giving an invaluable insight into making up these period pieces.-Two step-by-step projects both guide and inspire the beginner costume maker, while practical advice is also given, from attaching hooks and eyes to embellishing with embroidered detail.From 1920s French knickers to 1950s pin-up brasieres, these fabulous vintage pieces chart the progression of lingerie over the last century. The book covers a range of fascinating garments, including 1890s corsets, 1940s garter belts, 1950s New Look girdles, brassieres, and much more. The book includes 30 fully antated working patterns alongside drawings, photographs, and practical advice on making up the garments.For fashion and costume students and costume designers working on stage or screen, the historically accurate patterns are essential for capturing the classic shapes of any period. Students and historians will find the period details and historical background of each garment an invluable resource. Whether you need to construct a historically accurate period garment or simply wish to channel your inner 1950s starlet, this book is for you.
- Author BiographyJILL SALEN is a costume maker who is widely employed in the theatrical costume industry. She has made costumes for many clients including the Globe theatre in London. She is a lecturer in costume at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and has been measuring and producing patterns of period garments from private and museum colections for many years.
- Author(s)Jill Salen
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight816 g
- Width236 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- beautifulbabyvi...14 Jul, 2016by
Stunning book arrived very quickly. Gorgeous. I love it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.