All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLavishly presented and illustrated, Vintage Tattoos explores the bold, colourful and enduringly popular designs that were perfected across two World Wars, explains their history, symbolism and social significance, and delves into the colourful lives of the era's most famous practitioners. The book is arranged thematically, beginning with the maritime emblems and circus displays that kickstarted the golden age of vintage design. Interspersed throughout the pages are five stand-alone spreads profiling some of the most influential and fascinating tattooists of the period, and authoritative Q&A interviews with old-school tattooists. It seems like everyone and their mother has been inked.
- Author BiographyThe late Carol Clerk was a veteran rock music writer, author and an award-winning journalist. After many years at Melody Maker, she began writing for publications such as Uncut, Classic Rock and The Independent, and appeared as an expert in a variety of radio and TV programmes and DVD music documentaries. She wrote and ghostwrote a dozen books. She died in March 2010.
- Author(s)Carol Clerk
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Noteover 300 colour & b&w images
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.