All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionLearn all about the companies that built diesel locomotives and the American railway system through Stanley W. Trzoniec's breathtaking photography and thorough research. Over eight decades after their invention, diesel locomotives are still the backbone of the American railroad system. Five principal companies have built diesel locomotives--EMD, General Electric, Alco, Baldwin, and Fairbanks Morse--and the most popular vintage and modern types of all five are covered in painstaking detail in Vintage & Modern Diesel Locomotives. From General Electric 44-Tonners to Alco RS5s, all of the most important models are included. Stanley W. Trzoniec's stunning photography gives these behemoths of the modern age their due in beautiful full-color images. Enthusiasts of diesel locomotives will t want to be without Vintage & Modern Diesel Locomotives in their collection.
- Author BiographySTANLEY W. TRZONIEC is the author and photographer of more than 2,800 articles for such magazines as Classic Toy Trains, Railway Age, and Shutterbug. Stan has been writing about and photographing railroads for more than forty years and is the author of ten books, four of them on railroads.
- Author(s)Stanley W. Trzoniec
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.