All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionViolent Python shows you how to move from a theoretical understanding of offensive computing concepts to a practical implementation. Instead of relying on ather attacker's tools, this book will teach you to forge your own weapons using the Python programming language. This book demonstrates how to write Python scripts to automate large-scale network attacks, extract metadata, and investigate forensic artifacts. It also shows how to write code to intercept and analyze network traffic using Python, craft and spoof wireless frames to attack wireless and Bluetooth devices, and how to data-mine popular social media websites and evade modern anti-virus.
- Author BiographyTJ O'Connor is a Department of Defense expert on information security and a US Army paratrooper. While assigned as an assistant professor at the US Military Academy, TJ taught undergraduate courses on forensics, exploitation and information assurance. He twice co-coached the winning team at the National Security Agency's annual Cyber Defense Exercise and won the National Defense University's first annual Cyber Challenge. He has served on multiple red teams, including twice on the Northeast Regional Team for the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. TJ holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from North Carolina State, a Master of Science degree in Information Security Engineering from the SANS Technical Institute, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the US Military Academy. He has published technical research at USENIX workshops, ACM conferences, security conferences, the SANS Reading Room, the Internet Storm Center, the Army Magazine, and the Armed Forces Journal. He holds expert cyber security credentials, including the prestigious GIAC Security Expert (GSE) and Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE). TJ is a member of the elite SANS Red and Blue Team Cyber Guardians. TJ O'Connor is an active duty Army Major and former faculty member at the United States Military Academy, where he taught courses on forensics, exploitation, and information assurance. He has published research at USENIX workshops, ACM Conferences, and spoken at various security conferences, including ShmooCon. He has participated in numerous cyber defense exercises, including winning the National Defense University Cyber Challenge, coaching the winning team at the National Security Agency's Cyber Defense Exercise and working as a red team member of the Northeast Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. He has earned the SANS Certifications GIAC Gold certifications in GCFA, GCIH, GSEC, GCIA, and holds other GIAC certifications.
- Author(s)TJ O'Connor
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight500 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- grajosen09 Feb, 2017by
Essential guide for students
This book has all of the salient features a cyber security student requires and should be a "must read" for the curriculum. Very well written, very relevant and clear examples which can form the basis of a complete portfolio of work that will take you anywhere into the cyber security landscape.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New