All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the impact of revolution, nationalism, and secret societies in modern European history from the Enlightenment to World War I. Special attention is devoted to the French Revolution, nationalism and unification of Italy, Germany, and Serbia, and the role of organizations such as 'Young Italy' and the Serbian 'Black Hand.' Contents: List of Illustrations; List of Maps; Preface; The Enlightenment, Freemasonry and Rousseau; The French Revolution, 1789-1799; Babeuf and Buonarroti; Italian Nationalism Before 1848; The Unification of Italy, 1848-1870; German Nationalism and Revolutions of 1848; The Unification of Germany, 1850-1871; The Greek Revolution; The Russian Revolutionary Movement to 1881; The Emergence of Serbia to 1878; Serbia and the Creation of Yugoslavia, 1878-1918; The Legacy of Violence.
- Author BiographyDavid MacKenzie is Professor of History at University of North Carolina, Greensboro.
- Author(s)David MacKenzie
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/07/1996
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width145 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.