All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA revised and updated edition of Violets, which became the standard work on the subject when first published over 10 years ago. The new edition has been considerably expanded with more cultivation details and more illustrations - over 60 colour photographs and watercolour paintings. The author - the former president of the International Violet Association, Roy E Coombs - is one of the world's leading experts on violets and brings his kwledge, experience and passion to bear in this update of a classic work. The book covers the history of violet cultivation; all four groups of violets - scented single violets (hardy), scented double violets (hardy), scented semi-double violets (hardy), and scented Parma violets (tender) - including an exhaustive list of cultivars in each, many of which are described in detail. The author also discusses aspects of violet perfume manufacture.
- Author BiographyRoy E. Coombs is a former president of the International Violet Association. He grew violets commercially for more than 10 years and his articles on violets have appeared in many periodicals, including those for the Royal Horticultural Society. He is presently involved in several garden restoration projects in the UK.
- Author(s)Roy E. Coombs
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.