All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the experience and expertise found in a traditional English violin repair and restoration shop, the Violin Manual is a fully illustrated guide to the maintenance, repair and restoration of these beautiful instruments. With guidance divided into'basic', 'intermediate' and 'advanced' sections, this manual will prove valuable to a wide spectrum of people, from violin players who want to be able to do simple maintenance on their own instruments to those wishing to learn more about restoration and repair techniques. Anyone with an interest in violins will find this book absorbing and enlightening.
- Author BiographyJohn Gosling studied violin making, restoration and repair at Newark School of Violin Making. He taught at the Newark school and founded Chapel Violins repair and restoration workshop. Soon after he opened his own school in Newark, offering a variety of repair and restoration courses, and training students to a professional level. Marcus Corrie studied physics at Leicester University before entering the IT industry, specialising in 3D graphics. He took a full-time course at the Newark School to study to a professional level and joined Chapel Violins, where he continues to learn more of the wonderful craft of violin making and repair. He takes an avid interest in the manufacture and use of all things musical.
- Author(s)J. Gosling,M. Corrie
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/07/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.