Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAcute and chronic viral hepatitis infections are serious public health threats around the world. The different infections have different epidemiology and natural his- ries, and children play important roles in each of these. For example, children are important reservoirs for acute hepatitis A, childhood infections are responsible for most of the global morbidity associated with chronic hepatitis B, and perinatal transmission of hepatitis C continues to occur, even as the overall incidence of new infections wanes. Some n-A through E viral hepatitis infections are seen p- dominantly in infants and young children, while others have specific implications for this population. Therapeutic options for children with chronic viral hepatitis are limited when compared to those available for adults, especially for hepatitis B, and considerations given to long-term therapy have dramatic implications when dealing with the long life expectancy of these young patients. With these issues in mind, this unique volume has been created to address the special considerations regarding viral hepatitis in children. It includes the latest information and recommendations specifically directed at the pediatric population, and highlights the kwledge gaps which will need to be filled to improve our understanding of these infections and treatment of this special group. Experienced practitioners from around the world have contributed these reviews, incorporating the latest studies, the current recommendations, and the distinctive pediatric issues that shape clinical care, and will determine the research agenda for this field going forward.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/09/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleClinical Gastroenterology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight478 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMaureen M. Jonas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.