Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe nucleotide sequence of the gene from which messenger RNA mole- cules are transcribed is in a form that can be translated by cellular ribosomes into the ami acid sequence of a particular polypeptide, the product of the gene. The discovery of messenger RNA more than twenty years ago led to a series of studies on its organization and function in cells in the presence of infecting viruses. This volume is devoted to current studies in the field of cellular and viral messenger RNA. The studies presented provide an insight into molecular and genetic aspects of messenger RNA. Special attention was paid by the authors to the molecular organization of mRNA species, to the processing of mRNA molecules, and to the different strategies employed by DNA and RNA viruses in the synthesis of their mRNA. The ability of a virus to take over the protein-synthesizing mechanisms of an infected cell depends on its ability to produce mRNA molecules which can affect the host mRNA or utilize cellular components more efficiently. The differences between, and similarities of, the strategies of mRNA synthesis devised by various DNA and RNA viruses are described herein. This book should be of interest to all students of cellular and viral genes and scientists in the field. It is suitable as a textbook for workshops and courses on mRNA. I wish to thank the authors for their fine contributions and for their interest.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Molecular Virology
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight617 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byYechiel Becker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.