All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis pivotal book of the Aeneid has Aeneas - like Odysseus in Odyssey XI - visiting the Underworld. He is poised, as it were, between the world of his 'Homeric' past, the wanderings he has undergone in the poem's first half, and the destiny mapped out for his descendants, which culminates in the age of Augustus and his lost successor Marcellus. Aeneas is at once a figure of past, present and future. This new edition replaces the long-serving edition by Gould & Whiteley, making the book more accessible to today's students and taking account of the most recent scholarship and critical approaches to Virgil. It includes an introduction, antation to explain language and content, and a comprehensive vocabulary.
- Author BiographyKeith MacLennan recently retired as Head of Classics at Rugby School.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/08/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byKeith MacLennan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.