All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume Philip Hardie provides an introduction to Virgil's three major works, a survey of changing critical approaches to the poems during the twentieth century, and a bibliographical guide for further study. A final section on style, language and metre offers a case-study in a close reading of a section of the Aeneid. The book communicates a sense of why reading Virgil matters and how the study of this author is always open to new ideas and fresh insights. No kwledge of Latin is presumed.
- Author(s)Philip R. Hardie
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Surveys in the Classics S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.28
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight210 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.