All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe First Census of the United States in 1790 comprised an enumeration of the inhabitants of the present states of Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia. Unfortunately, during the War of 1812, when the British burned the Capitol at Washington, the returns for several states were destroyed, including those for Virginia. However, the United States Government, with the cooperation of the Virginia State Library, published the Heads of Families at the First Census of the United States Taken in the Year 1790; Records of the State Enumerations 1782 to 1785: Virginia, in an attempt to partially reconstruct Virginia's 1790 Census. This book is a critical supplement to the United States Census of 1790. It consists of an alphabetical listing of approximately 34,000 taxpayers in Virginia that were t included in the 1790 Census, and whose names were compiled from personal property tax lists from 35 individual Virginia counties. Softcover, (1940), repr. 2006, Alphabetical Listing, 146 pp.
- PublisherJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.