All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionToday, Wisconsin represents one of our Germanest states, with less that 55 percent of its population claiming German origin. J. H. A. Lacher's treatise on the German element of Wisconsin, originally published in 1925, is still the standard introduction to its subject. The first section of the work focuses on Wisconsin's rich German religious establishment: Catholics, Lutherans, German Evangelical Syd, German Reformed, Evangelical Association, Liberals and Jews. Section Two looks at representative German-Americans and their vocations in Wisconsin. The third section of the book homes in upon Wisconsin German politics, the German press, sports, thrift, men of letters, German place names and patronymics, and the impact of World War I. Genealogists will find references to some 750 German surnames at the back of this volume.
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight98 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.