All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough World War II began as a war in Europe, many in the United States, foreseeing the inevitable, had begun preparing for war, paying lip service only to the Neutrality Act. Preparations for war, essentially ending the Great Depression, affected the entire country, with Virginia particularly playing a major role. Over one million service men and women came to Virginia. The sheer scope of the military development in Virginia of Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force, providing training bases and support facilities, underscore the national resolve to be prepared. Includes as well the Civil Air Patrol, wartime industry, POW camps, U-boat attacks, the Beach Patrol and other topics.
- Author Biography<strong>Joseph Freitus</strong> is a retired educator living in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Author(s)Joe Freitus
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.