All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Levi's final collection contains the moving lyrics he composed, often while walking round the green in the Gloucestershire village where he lived, as well as other poems written since 'Reed Music' (1997). Despite his increasing blindness, his poems retained their vivid delight in the natural world and its relationship with both the social and spiritual dimensions of life.
- Author BiographyPeter Levi, born in 1931, became a prolific writer of biographies, travel books, translations, critical and scholarly works, and thrillers. He was, however, first and foremost a poet and held the Oxford Professorship of Poetry from 1984 to 1989. Anvil published over a dozen books of his poetry, as well as two prose books, 'The Noise Made by Poems' (1984) and 'The Lamentation of the Dead' (1984), his first Oxford lecture. A former Jesuit priest, Peter Levi died on 1 February 2000.
- Author(s)Peter Levi
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight107 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.