All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn books such as The Aesthetics of Disappearance , War and Cinema , The Lost Dimension , and The Vision Machine , Paul Virilio has fundamentally changed how we think about contemporary media culture. Virilio's examinations of the connections between perception, logistics, the city, and new media techlogies comprise some of the most powerful texts within his hypermodern philosophy. Virilio and the Media presents an introduction to Virilio's important media related ideas, from polar inertia and the accident to the landscape of events, cities of panic, and the instrumental image loop of television. John Armitage positions Virilio's essential media texts in their theoretical contexts whilst outlining their substantial influence on recent cultural thinking. Consequently, Armitage renders Virilio's media texts accessible, priming his readers to create individual critical evaluations of Virilio's writings. The book closes with an antated and user-friendly Guide to Further Reading and a n-technical Glossary of Virilio's significant concepts. Virilio's texts on the media are vital for everyone concerned with contemporary media culture, and Virilio and the Media offers a comprehensive and up to date introduction to the ever expanding range of his critical media and cultural works.
- Author BiographyJohn Armitage is professor of media at Northumbria University.
- Author(s)John Armitage
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTheory and Media
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight352 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.