All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Virilio is an invative figure in the study of architecture, space, and the city. Virilio for Architects primes readers for their first encounter with his crucial texts on some of the vital theoretical debates of the twenty-first century, including: * Oblique Architecture and Bunker Archeology * Critical Space and the Overexposed City * The Ultracity and Very High Buildings * Grey Ecology and Global Hypermovement In exploring Virilio's most important architectural ideas and their impact, John Armitage traces his engagement with other key architectural and scientific thinkers such as Claude Parent, Beit B. Mandelbrot, and Bernard Tschumi. Virilio for Architects allows students, researchers, and n-academic readers to connect with Virilio's distinctive architectural theories, critical studies, and fresh ideas.
- Author BiographyJohn Armitage is Professor of Media Arts at Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton. He is the author and editor of numerous books on the work of Paul Virilio including Virilio and the Media and The Virilio Dictionary.
- Author(s)John Armitage
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- Series TitleThinkers for Architects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white halftones
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.