Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this volume is to shape conceptual tools to understand the impact of new information and communication techlogies (ICTs) on the organization of universities. Traditional research-based universities, the most typical representatives of the higher education system, find themselves challenged by the speed and the wide range of technical invations, but also by a vast array of implicit assumptions and explicit promises associated with the distribution of digital media. The author observes that as universities increasingly use digital media (computers and the Internet) to accomplish their tasks, a transformation takes place in an evolutionary rather than in a revolutionary way. Using the University of Klagenfurt as an in-depth case study, he explores such dynamic issues as how digital media affect the practice of research, the preservation and dissemination of kwledge (for example, through publishing and archiving), and delivery of education at universities. More broadly, he considers issues of organizational culture and design, administration, and leadership as universities integrate digital techlogies into all aspects of their operations.
- Author(s)Thomas Pfeffer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInnovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.