All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionVirtues and Practices in the Christian Tradition is a significant resource for those who teach Christian ethics in church-related colleges and universities. Michael G. Cartwright, University of Indianapolis Contributors to Virtues and Practices in the Christian Tradition use Alasdair MacIntyre s work as a methodological guide for doing ethics in the Christian tradition. These essays are grouped in three sections: descriptions of MacIntyre s approach to ethics as developed in After Virtue, reflections on the moral issues that come to the fore when viewing the Christian tradition from a MacIntyrean perspective, and selected essays on family, homosexuality, abortion, pacifism, feminism, business ethics, medical ethics, and ecomic justice.
- Author BiographyNancey Murphy is professor of Christian philosophy at Fuller TheologicalSeminary and co-editor of Neuroscience and the Person, also published by the University of Notre Dame Press. Mark Theissen Nation is associate professor of theology at Eastern Mennonite Seminary in Harrisonburg, Virginia and co-editor of four books. Brad J. Kallenberg is assistant professor of religious studies at the University of Dayton and author of Ethics as Grammar, also published by the University of Notre Dame Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBrad J. Kallenberg,Mark Thiessen Nation,Nancey Murphy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.