Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionViruses are one of the three main causes of infectious diseases, the most common source of acute disease, and a major contributor to chronic disease. More than 400 different diseases are kwn to affect humans, causing problems ranging from mild respiratory diseases to AIDS. The first reference work of its kind, this bibliography contains references relating to the effects of viruses on reproduction, especially pregnancy and fetal development. Although this bibliography deals primarily with the consequences of viral infections, it also contains entries for some bacterial infections, such as toxoplasmosis and syphilis, that are part of the TORCH categorization of congenital infectious diseases. The citations are arranged alphabetically by author and numbered consecutively. A detailed subject index guides the reader to specialized topics. Clinicians and researchers will find Viruses and Reproduction an indispensable tool for accessing vital research on the effects of viruses on reproduction.
- Author BiographyERNEST L. ABEL is Director of Operations and Professor of Obstetrics at the C.S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University. He is the author of A Dictionary of Drug Abuse Terms and Terminology (Greenwood Press, 1984), and the compiler of numerous bibliographies, including Homicide, Behavioral Teratology, Fetal Alcohol Exposure and Effects, and Narcotics and Reproduction, all published by Greenwood Press.
- Date of Publication21/11/1988
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Medical Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 2
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byErnest L. Abel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.