All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive introduction to polymer rheology with a focus on the viscoelastic characterization of polymeric materials. It contains various numerical algorithms for the processing of viscoelastic data, from basic principles to advanced examples which are hard to find in the existing literature. The book takes a multidisciplinary approach to the study of the viscoelasticity of polymers, and is self-contained, including the essential mathematics, continuum mechanics, polymer science and statistical mechanics needed to understand the theories of polymer viscoelasticity. It covers recent achievements in polymer rheology, such as theoretical and experimental aspects of large amplitude oscillatory shear (LAOS), and numerical methods for linear viscoelasticity, as well as new insights into the interpretation of experimental data. Although the book is balanced between the theoretical and experimental aspects of polymer rheology, the author's particular interest in the theoretical side will t remain hidden. Aimed at readers familiar with the mathematics and physics of engineering at an undergraduate level, the multidisciplinary approach employed enables researchers with various scientific backgrounds to expand their kwledge of polymer rheology in a systematic way.
- Author BiographyProf. Cho's research is oriented to investigation of rheological and dynamic behaviors of polymer and related materials. His research interests are constitutive theory of nonlinear viscoelasticity and irreversible thermodynamics and characterization of structure of complex fluids by use of nonlinear viscoelastic measurements (eg. LAOS). He has high reputation world wide and one of the top 3 rheologists in Korea.
- Author(s)Kwang Soon Cho
- Date of Publication26/03/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Materials Science
- Series Part/Volume Number241
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 83 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 83 colour tables, biography
- Weight1099 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.