All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFrank White's Viscous Fluid Flow, Third Edition continues to be the market leader in this course area. The text is for a senior graduate level elective in Mechanical Engineering, and has a strong professional and international appeal. Author Frank White is has a strong reputation in the field, his book is accurate, conceptually strong, and contains excellent problem sets. Many of the problems are new to this third edition; a rarity among senior and graduate level textbooks. The references found in the text have been updated and reflect the most current information available. Users will also be interested to find explanations of, and references to ongoing controversies and trends in this course area. Topically speaking, the text contains modern information on techlogical advances, such as Micro- and Na-techlogy, Turbulence Modeling, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), and Unsteady Boundary Layers.
- Author BiographyFrank M White is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical and Ocean Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. He studied at Georgia Tech and M.I.T. In 1966 he helped found, at URI, the first department of ocean engineering in the country. Known primarily as a teacher and writer, he has received eight teaching awards and has written four textbooks on fluid mechanics and heat transfer. From 1979 to 1990 he was editor-in-chief of the ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering and then served from 1991 to 1997 as chairman of the ASME Board of Editors and of the Publications Committee. He is a Fellow of ASME and in 1991 received the ASME Fluids Engineering Award.
- Author(s)Frank M. White
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight925 g
- Width127 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.