All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis history of Spain in the period between the end of Roman rule and the time of the Arab conquest challenges many traditional assumptions about the history of this period. It presents original theories about how the Visigothic kingdom was governed, about law in the kingdom, about the Arab conquest, and about the rise of Spain as an intellectual force. It takes account of new documentary evidence, the latest archaeological findings, and the controversies that these have generated. It combines chrological and thematic approaches to the period. A historiographical introduction looks at the current state of research on the history and archeology of the Visigothic kingdom.
- Author BiographyRoger Collins is a Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. His previous publications include The Oxford Archaeological Guide to Spain (1998), Law, Culture and Regionalism in Early Medieval Spain (1992), The Arab Conquest of Spain (Blackwell, 1989) and The Basques (Blackwell, 1986).
- Author(s)Roger Collins
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2004
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleA History of Spain
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width166 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.