Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionDuncan Forbes' fifth collection, Vision Mixer , presents a lively mixture of sights and insights. The poems in the collection explore a wide range of themes, forms, freedoms and responsibilities and their moods vary, from entertainingly light verses to seriously questing meditations in search of enlightenment, giving new voice to fresh visions. Above all, Duncan Forbes' poetry remains richly human and humane. There are poems here which are tenderly elegiac and sharply provocative, alongside his exuberantly comic turns. He also contemplates the natural world with a wry intensity and in each of these poems, he commemorates our fragile mortality together with its quest for significance beyond signs.
- Author BiographyDuncan Forbes was born in 1946 and read English at Oxford. His poems have appeared in the Observer, Poetry Review, Spectator and Times Literary Supplement, and have won him a Gregory Award. His last collection, Voice Mail, was published by Enitharmon in 2002, and reprinted in 2004.
- Author(s)Duncan Forbes
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Weight163 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.