All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Village Voice Book, this seminal work presents new models of vision and examines modern theories of seeing.
- Author BiographyHal Foster is Townsend Martin Class of 1917 Professor of Art and Archaeology at Princeton University, where he teaches courses in modernist and contemporary art and theory and directs the graduate proseminar in methodology. He is a faculty member of the School of Architecture and an associate faculty member of the Department of German; he also works with Media and Modernity and European Cultural Studies programs. He is the author of numerous books, including The Anti-Aesthetic: Essays on Postmodern Culture and Recodings: Art, Spectacle, Cultural Politics, both published by The New Press. He is also the editor of two New Press books, Discussions in Contemporary Culture #1 and Vision and Visuality: Discussions in Contemporary Culture #2. A member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Foster writes regularly for October, which he co-edits; Artforum ; the London Review of Books ; and New Left Review.
- Author(s)Hal Foster
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication09/01/1998
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleDiscussions in Contemporary Culture S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight174 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.