Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a tribute to Abid Milan Lal Mian Syed--the man and his work. His exceptional technical skill and artistic eye, in a career spanning 70 years, produced hundreds of striking black-and-white images that are a treasure of India's photographic heritage. He first gained a reputation as the most loved official state photographer for the royal families of Palanpur in Gujarat and of other princely states of India in the 1920s. He went on to become a talented portraitist and was soon traveling around the country with his Rolleicord camera ever near to capture his perception of many diverse subjects, from landscapes to architecture to day-to-day life to nature. With his brilliant use of light and shadow, his genre compositions are like works of abstract art. His most famous photograph, Traveller of the East, brought international acclaim, and his work continued to win numerous contests, competitions and awards both nationally and internationally.
- Author BiographyO P Sharma is founder-member and honorary general secretary of the Indian International Photographic Council.
- Author(s)O. P. Sharma
- PublisherGrantha Corporation
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrantha Corporation
- Content Note93 b/w photos
- Weight562 g
- Width280 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.