All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we as scholars envision Europe? Participants in a two-day research symposium bring a variety of disciplinary and interdisciplinary responses to this complex question. Distinguished US scholars address the European continent, its history and culture, and its politics in essays that range from the intellectual tradition to poetics and world literature, from the air war to plurilingualism, from religious symbolism to Europe's colonial legacy. These contributions comprise a portrait or vision of Europe today; the challenges it faces, and the challenges we face in confronting it as a cultural and geopolitical entity.
- Author BiographyGail K. Hart is Professor of German at the University of California, Irvine (USA) and founding chair of the Department of European Languages and Studies. She has published books on Schiller, bourgeois tragedy, and Gottfried Keller. Anke S. Biendarra is Associate Professor of German at the University of California, Irvine (USA). Her publications are in the areas of German literature and culture of the 20th and 21st century, globalization, transnationalism, and Europeanization.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBerliner Beitrage Zur Literatur- Und Kulturgeschichte
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAnke S. Biendarra,Gail K. Hart
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.