All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lifeless moonscape of Canada's oil sand strip mines. A vast vortex of plastic floating endlessly around the Pacific. An eerie abandoned town square in a radioactive Ukrainian wilderness. These are the places the tourist boards would rather you didn't see. The places that don't show up in any guide books. And the places that, six years ago, journalist and film-maker Andrew Blackwell set out to explore. Visit Sunny Cherbyl is the wry, funny, sometimes poignant tale of his trip through the world's most degraded environments.
- Author BiographyANDREW BLACKWELL has worked as film editor, story consultant and reporter on projects featured on NPR, PBS, the BBC, the New York Times online, and in the weekly news magazine Dan Rather Reports. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Andrew Blackwell
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps (black and white)
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.