Visiting Frost: Poems Inspired by the Life and Work of Robert Frost by Robert Bly, James Galvin, Marvin Bell, Wendell Berry, Hayden Carruth, Gwendolyn Brooks, Annie Finch, Peter Davison (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLIKE EMILY DICKINSON and Walt Whitman, Robert Frost looms large in the American literary landscape, straddling the 19th and 20th centuries like a poetic colossus: whosoever desires passage must, at some point, contend with the molithic presence of Robert Frost. As they did in Visiting Emily and Visiting Walt, in Visiting Frost, Sheila Coghill and Thom Tammaro once again capture the conversations between contemporary poets and a legend whose voice endures. In his introduction to the collection, Frost biographer Jay Parini likens the poet to a great power station, one who stands off by himself in the big words, continuously generating electricity that future poets can tap into for the price of a volume of his poems. A four-time Pulitzer Prize winner whose work is principally associated with the landscape and life in New England, Frost (1874-1963) was a traditional, psychologically complex, often dark and intense poet. In Visiting Frost, one hundred homage-paying poets - some who knew Frost, most only acquainted through his work - celebrate and reflect that intensity, in effect tapping into his electrical current. By reacting to specific Frost poems, by reinventing others, and by remembering aspects of Frost or by quarreling with him, the contributors speak on behalf of us whose lives have been brightened by the memorization and recitation of such poems as The Road Not Taken or Stopping by Woods on a Swy Evening. As the poets pay tribute to Frost's place in American poetry and history, they suggest - more than forty years after his death - just how alive and vital he remains in our collective memory.
- Author BiographySheila Coghill and Thom Tammaro are the editors of Visiting Emily (IOWA 2000), recipient of a Minnesota Book Award, and Visiting Walt (IOWA 2003), finalist for a Minnesota Book Award. They teach at Minnesota State University Moorhead, where Coghill is professor of English and chair of the English Department and Tammaro is professor of multidisciplinary studies and teaches in the English Department and in the MFA in creative writing program.
- Author(s)Annie Finch,Gwendolyn Brooks,Hayden Carruth,James Galvin,Marvin Bell,Peter Davison,Robert Bly,Wendell Berry
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight263 g
- Width155 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited bySheila Coghill,Thom Tammaro
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.