Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the museum visitor has undergone a radical transformation. This collection brings together imaginative research that encourages new conclusions. Some questions involve the visitor's identity, what she brings to her museum experience. Can we gain entry into this experience? Does more techlogy really increase access to the objects themselves? Others probe the very nature of museum-going and exhibition making, demanding that we reexamine the traditional exhibition to reposition the visitor and her meaning-making at the center. Each author here has asked unfamiliar questions and responded with fresh answers.
- Author BiographyAnn Davis is a retired museum director and university professor in Calgary, Canada. <p/>Kerstin Smeds is a historian and professor of museology at Umea University, Sweden.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMuseum
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCurator Ann Davis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.