Vista: The Culture and Politics of Gardens by Noel Kingsbury, Tim Richardson (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 18th century, when Pope and Addison meditated deeply on gardens, there has been very little critical discussion of gardens and gardening. This stimulating, entertaining and original collection of essays aims to redress that balance, renewing the connection between gardening and the wider intellectual and cultural world. Essays include : The Garden And The Division Of Labour by Martin Hoyles Horticultural Intervention Art by Tony Heywood Digging For Anarchy by Tom Hodgkinson The Spirit Of The Geometrician by Fernando Caruncho As The Garden, So The Earth - The Politics Of The Natural Garden by Noel Kingsbury Landscape Design And Life: Conflict Or Complicity? by Gilles Clement The Explosion Of Garden Visiting In France by Louisa Jones Garden, Nature, Art by David Cooper Nyc Wtc 9:11: The Healing Gardens Of Paradise Lost by Lorna Mcneur The Power Is In Harmony by Nori And Sandra Pope Unnatural History: Women, Gardening And Femininity by Rozsika Parker Zen And The Art Of Tea Gardening by Charles Chesshire Where Have All The Critics Gone? by Anne Wareham The Garden As Art by George Carter Gardens Of Ethnicity by Clare Rishbeth Psychotopia by Tim Richardson.
- Author BiographyNoel Kingsbury is a leading exponent of contemporary naturalistic planting design. He contributes regularly to The Garden, Homes and Gardens, Hortus and the English Garden and writes occasional pieces for many other magazines and newspapers including the Financial Times and Country Life. To find out more about Noel Kingsbury click here Tim Richardson is a writer who specializes in garden and landscape design and history. He has been gardens editor at Country Life, and landscape editor at Wallpaper* magazine, and was founding editor of both the award-winning gardens magazine New Eden and Country Life Gardens. He now contributes mostly to the Daily Telegraph, House and Garden, Gardens Illustrated and Country Life. He is the author of Phaidon's The Garden Book, Vanguard Landscapes Gardens of Martha Schwartz, English Gardens of the 20th Century and Arcadian Friends: the Makers of the English Landscape Garden. He is also editor of Vista: the Culture and Politics of Gardens (Frances Lincoln).
- Author(s)Noel Kingsbury,Tim Richardson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Weight458 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.