Visual Anatomy & Physiology by William C. Ober, Frederic H. Martini, Kevin Petti, Judi L. Nath, Edwin F. Bartholomew (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $576.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $338.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA Visual Approach to Two-Semester A&P Visual Anatomy & Physiology combines a visual approach with a modular organization to deliver an easy-to-use and time-efficient book that uniquely meets the needs of today's students-without sacrificing the comprehensive coverage of A&P topics required for careers in nursing and other allied health professions. The Second Edition addresses tough physiology topics with new and revised two-page modules and corresponding new Coaching Activities in MasteringA&P(r). Brand-new end-of-chapter study and practice materials include a narrative Study Outline and comprehensive Chapter Review Questions. Module Reviews and Section Reviews, appearing throughout each chapter, give students additional tools for learning. In response to the strong demand from A&P instructors, a brand-new Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual uses the same visual approach and modular organization to help students succeed in the lab. This program presents a better teaching and learning experience by providing: *Personalized learning with MasteringA&P: Engage students with new tough topic Coaching Activities and a wide range of other question and activity types-all automatically graded.*A visual approach and modular organization: The two-page modules seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide students through complex topics and processes with page flipping. The addition of new content in select modules gives students a better understanding of physiology. *Frequent practice: Review questions at the end of each module, section, and chapter encourage and support student practice. In the Second Edition, the Chapter Review includes a new narrative Study Outline and new comprehensive Chapter Review questions. Students can continue practicing with MasteringA&P.*Learning outcomes that tightly coordinate with teaching points: The clean one-to-one correspondence between the numbered chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and the numbered two-page modules give students an easy learning path and instructors an easy vehicle for assessment. *Streamlined learning in the lab: The new Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual uses the same visual approach and modular organization to help students succeed in the lab. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringA&P does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringA&P search for ISBN-10: 0321918746 /ISBN-13: 9780321918741. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321918940/ISBN-13: 9780321918949 and ISBN-10: 0321963431/ISBN-13: 9780321963437. MasteringA&P is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Author BiographyFrederic ( Ric ) H. Martini received his Ph.D. from Cornell University in comparative and functional anatomy for work on the pathophysiology of stress. He is currently an affiliated faculty member of the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Dr. Martini is a President Emeritus of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) after serving as President-elect, President, and Past-president over 2004-2007. William C. Ober received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University and his M.D. from the University of Virginia. While in medical school, he also studied in the Department of Art as Applied to Medicine at Johns Hopkins University. After graduation, Dr. Ober completed a residency in Family Practice and later was on the faculty at the University of Virginia in the Department of Family Medicine. He is currently an Affiliate Professor of Biology at Washington and Lee University. Dr. Ober has illustrated every Martini book in every edition. Judi L. Nath is a biology professor at Lourdes University, where she teaches anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. She received her Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Bowling Green State University and her Ph.D. from the University of Toledo. She is a multiple recipient of the Faculty Excellence Award, granted by the college to recognize her effective teaching, scholarship, and community service. Dr. Nath is active in many professional organizations, notably the Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS), where she has served several terms on the board of directors. Ed Bartholomew received his undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University and his M.S. from the University of Hawaii. He has taught A&P at both the secondary and undergraduate levels at Lahainaluna High School and at Maui Community College. Kevin Petti is a professor at San Diego Miramar College, where he teaches courses in human anatomy and physiology, human dissection, and health education. He is a President Emeritus of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) and holds a Ph.D. from the University of San Diego. As a dual U.S./Italian citizen, he regularly leads excursions to Italy. Touring university museums in Rome, Florence, Bologna, and Padua, his visits explore dissection theaters and wax anatomical models that date back hundreds of years.
- Author(s)Edwin F. Bartholomew,Frederic H. Martini,Judi L. Nath,Kevin Petti,William C. Ober
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Out-of-print date09/10/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2940 g
- Width229 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.