All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionVisual Art as Theology is a post-critical aesthetics for theology based on the epistemology of Michael Polanyi. This aesthetics is employed in examining Paul Tillich's philosophy of art. Polanyi's epistemology is extended into an aesthetics which moves beyond the impasse left by Tillich's work in art and theology. This book demonstrates an appreciation of the possibilities and problems of Tillich's thought, and moves beyond Tillich towards a more integrative program.
- Author BiographyThe Autor: Barbara Dee Bennett Baumgarten is a visual artist and scholar who approaches the relationship between the visual arts and theology from the sensitivity of an experienced artist. She holds a Ph.D. from the Graduate Theological Union at Berkeley in Theology/Religion and the Arts and is currently teaching Anglican Liturgics at the Episcopal Theological School at Claremont, California.
- Author(s)Barbara Dee Bennett Baumgarten
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Studies in Aesthetics
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.