All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn effective visual communication system can help manufacturing employees eliminate significant waste from daily tasks. From work-zone color coding to posted metrics, visual controls clarify and simplify the path to enhanced processes and profits. Leaving little to chance, Visual Controls: Applying Visual Management to the Factory provides a detailed explanation of how to apply the Lean principles of 5S to convert your factory to a fully functioning Visual Workplace. It covers the range of methods that collectively compose an effective visual management system and clearly explains management's role in creating a Lean strategy to accomplish the transformation. This book: * Considers visual Kanban, material replenishment, and the implementation of a visual maintenance department * Details management's role in implementing and sustaining a visual factory * Covers the range of visual tools-including tool boards, shadow boards, metrics communication boards, and tool check cards From plant layout and department setup to visual tools and parts, this book facilitates the comprehensive understanding required to initiate positive change through visual communication. The authors supply authoritative insight on how to hasten the required cultural changes, as well as step-by-step instruction for creating visual shadow boards. They also highlight time-tested methods for measuring progress and performance with improved accuracy.
- Author BiographyChris Ortiz is the president and founder of Kaizen Assembly, a Lean manufacturing training and implementation firm in Bellingham, Washington. He has been practicing Lean for over 12 years and speaks around the country at trade shows and manufacturing expositions. He is the author of Kaizen Assembly: Designing, Constructing, and Managing a Lean Assembly Line (Taylor & Francis, 2006), Lessons from a Lean Consultant (Prentice Hall, 2008), Kaizen and Kaizen Event Implementation (Prentice Hall, 2009), and Lean Auto Body (Kaizen Assembly, 2009). Kaizen Assembly has been featured on the show Inside Business with Fred Thompson that aired on CNBC and CNN Headline News. Chris is frequently featured in manufacturing trade magazines including Industrial Engineer, Industrial Management, Collision Repair Magazine, Metal Finishes, Assembly Magazine, and dozens of other industry-recognized publications. He has been trained by the John Costanza Institute of Technology in Demand Flow Technology and by the Georgia Institute of Technology for ISO 9001: 2000 Internal Quality Auditing. He is also a member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Murry Park is the founder of MRP ONE, a manufacturing consulting company located in Mount Vernon, Washington. As a 26-year veteran of manufacturing, Murry's service has spanned roles from entry-level engineer to vice president and general manager to senior Lean consultant. His professional experience includes working with companies from various industries ranging from electronics to metals and aerospace to seafood and from small privately owned companies to larger publicly traded corporations across North America. Internationally, he has observed and analyzed production processes in Argentina, Belgium, Italy, Japan, and Canada. Murry's professional experience began in 1983 when volume batch processing was still considered vogue in American manufacturing. However, struggling with the realities of such an approach, he quickly recognized the merits of such new concepts as 5S, setup reduction, one-piece flow, and kanban, as he came to understand and apply them. Seeing immediate and dramatic improvements from every implementation, Murry became a lifelong student-and teacher-in the pursuit of sharing these concepts and methods with others. He has led countless improvement activities and has watched as serious value-adding enterprises embraced a culture of continuous improvement based on employee participation, thereby also enjoying the benefits that followed.
- Author(s)Chris A. Ortiz,Murry Park
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.