All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative book breaks new ground in visual studies with its specific exploration of the visual dimensions of gender. * Explores visual genders through material ranging from documentary film footage of liberated concentration camps after World War II to contemporary fashion photography in Tehran. * Chapters are organised conceptually under themes of documenting, trafficking and experimenting. * A diverse selection of exceptional and provocative images accompanies the text.
- Author BiographyPatricia Hayes studied in Zimbabwe and the UK, and now works at the University of the Western Cape in South Africa. She teaches African history, gender history and visual history. Jointly edited previous publications include Namibia under South African Rule (1998), The Colonising Camera: Photographs in the Making of Namibian History (1998) and Deep Histories: Gender & Colonialism in Southern Africa (2002). She is currently investigating photographic practices in recent southern African history.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleGender and History Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight580 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPatricia Hayes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.