All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- Description...there's a great deal social researchers doing visual work can learn from Pink's book...It's a valuable resource for researchers, activists, and social service workers looking for invative visual methodologies for collaborative research and social intervention. It makes an excellent contribution to the ongoing academic debate over the value of applied and visual social research, as well. * Contexts, Magazine of the American Sociological Association Visual anthropology has proved to offer fruitful methods of research and representation to applied projects of social intervention. Through a series of case studies based on applied visual anthropological work in a range of contexts (health and medicine, tourism and heritage, social development, conflict and disaster relief, community filmmaking and empowerment, and industry) this volume examines both the range contexts in which applied visual anthropology is engaged, and the methodological and theoretical issues it raises. Sarah Pink is a social anthropologist whose research includes a focus on visual methodologies and the relationship between applied and academic anthropology. Her books include Doing Visual Ethgraphy (2001), Home Truths (2004), Working Images (2004) and Applications of Anthropology (2005). She is reader in Social Anthropology in the Department of Social Sciences at Loughborough University.
- Author BiographySarah Pink is a social anthropologist whose research includes a focus on visual methodologies and the relationship between applied and academic anthropology. Her books include Doing Visual Ethnography (2001), Home Truths (2004), Working Images (2004) and Applications of Anthropology (2005). She is Senior Lecturer at the Department of Social Sciences, Loughborough University.
- Author(s)Sarah Pink
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication05/01/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleApplied Anthropology S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.