All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability to analyze and interpret visual information is essential in fashion. However, students tend to struggle with the concept of visual research, as well as with the application of that research. Visual Research Methods in Fashion provides students with techniques, tools and inspiration to master their visual research skills and make the research that they undertake more effective. Illustrated with real-life examples from practitioners in the industry, academics and students, it focuses on the global nature of the industry and the need to develop ideas relevant to the market.
- Author BiographyJulia Gaimster is Head of eLearning at the London College of Fashion. She has extensive experience of teaching in fashion and textiles, including design, illustration, research skills and IT. Her current research interests are focused on students' textual and visual research skills. She has been involved with the development of a number of electronic and online teaching materials for students, including Seeing Drawing, Textiles Online Resource Guide and Sketchbook. She has also published papers on elearning and pedagogy.
- Author(s)Julia Gaimster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note120 b/w illustrations and 32 colour
- Weight785 g
- Width189 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.