All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh take on financial data visualization for greater accuracy and understanding Your data provides a snapshot of the state of your business and is key to the success of your conversations, decisions, and communications. But all of that communication is lost or incorrectly interpreted without proper data visualizations that provide context and accurate representation of the numbers. In Visualizing Financial Data, authors Julie Rodriguez and Piotr Kaczmarek draw upon their understanding of information design and visual communication to show you how to turn your raw data into meaningful information. Coverage includes current conventions paired with invative visualizations that cater to the unique requirements across financial domains, including investment management, financial accounting, regulatory reporting, sales, and marketing communications. Presented as a series of case studies, this highly visual guide presents problems and solutions in the context of real-world scenarios. With over 250 visualizations, you ll have access to relevant examples that serve as a starting point to your implementations. Expand the boundaries of data visualization conventions and learn new approaches to traditional charts and graphs Optimize data communications that cater to you and your audience Provide clarity to maximize understanding Solve data presentation problems using efficient visualization techniques Use the provided companion website to follow along with examples The companion website gives you the illustration files and the source data sets, and points you to the types of resources you need to get started.
- Author BiographyJULIE RODRIGUEZ is an Information Architect with experience in user research, analysis, and design for complex systems. She has patented her work in commodities trading and data visualizations for MATLAB, and publishes industry articles on user experience and data analysis and visualization. PIOTR KACZMAREK is an Information Designer with over 20 years of experience in qualitative and quantitative data visualizations, presented in formats ranging from print and digital displays to interactive animations. The companion website gives you the illustration files and the source data sets, and points you to the types of resources you need to get started.
- Author(s)Dave Depew,Julie Rodriguez,Piotr Kaczmarek
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1048 g
- Width186 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.