All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting basic principles of social science research through maps, graphs, and diagrams, this book shows how concept maps and mind maps can be used in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research, using student-focused examples and classroom based activities. Chapters explore how these tools can be used to plan research projects, see analysis strategies, and assist in the compilation and development of written research papers. The book integrates theory and practice of concept mapping in a concise and readable format, with easy to follow examples and activities.
- Author BiographyJohannes Wheeldon is an assistant professor at Norwich University in Northfield, Vermont. He received his B.A. in political science from Dalhousie University, his LLM from Durham University, and his Ph.D. from Simon Fraser University in 2009. He has focused on the practical application of criminological theory in policing, courts, and corrections and explored how visual maps can assist students to understand the assumptions behind methodological approaches and research traditions. Recent work has appeared in The Journal of Criminal Justice Education, Theoretical Criminology, and Canadian Political Science Review. The Open Society Foundation funds his current work on debate, juvenile justice, and international human rights. Other scholarly interests include philosophy of justice, mixed methods, and visual criminology.
- Author(s)Johannes P. Wheeldon,Mauri Kalvero Ahlberg
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.