Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides a wide-ranging collection of the writing of ted Bloomsbury figure Vita Sackville-West. One of the most well kwn lesbian authors of the 20th century, Sackville-West was a central figure among the Bloomsbury modernists, and had a torrid love affair with Virginia Woolf. She wrote in an astounding variety of genres, including travel writing, poetry, fiction, and essays, and is probably best kwn for her vels, The Edwardians and All Passion Spent , and aristocratic writings about English country gardens. This book collects a wide variety of her works, over half of which, including her travel tebooks, her diaries, some short stories, and her intimate dream tebook, have never been published.
- Author BiographyMARY ANN CAWS is a literary translator and one of the most important critics of the Bloomsbury circle, modernism, and surrealism. She is Distinguished Professor of English, French, and Comparative Literature and Co-Director of the Henri Peyre French Institute, Graduate School, CUNY. She is a former president of the Modern Language Association. Her many books include Picasso's Weeping Woman: The Life and Art of Dora Maar, Bloomsbury and France: Art and Friends (with Sarah Bird Wright), and Manifesto: A Century of Isms.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Caws,Vita Sackville-West
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication12/08/2002
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notefacsimiles, portraits
- Weight730 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.