All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on an award-winning exhibition, Viviane Sassen's new book focuses on a common theme in her photographs: shadow. In this book she leads us through a series of thought-provoking takes on the concept-shadow as metaphor for anxiety and desire; as a symbol of both memory and hope for the future; and as an evocation of imagination and illusion. Sassen's work is rewned for its deft interplay between realism and abstraction. Here that characteristic emerges in the dramatic use of light, shadow and colour, as well as the adroit cropping of images and interventions on the prints. This lovely book brilliantly accentuates Sassen's contrasting colour schemes to reinforce the idea of shadow creating an enthralling tactile and visual experience.
- Author BiographyViviane Sassen's work has been published in the New York Times Magazine, I-D, Purple, Dazed & Confused, Fantastic Man, Vogue, AnotherMagazine, Selfservice, and in many others. She is the author of Parasomnia, In and Out of Fashion, and Pikin Slee (all by Prestel). She lives in Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Vivianne Sassen
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note200 colour
- Weight1021 g
- Width250 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- dreamdigger03 Nov, 2016by
Perfect an very unusual work
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.