All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when Jewish communities have become increasingly anxious about weakening Jewish identity, one response strategy is to engage with the concept of Jewish peoplehood as a social phemen, in its varied contexts and processes. This volume represents the first in-depth effort to address the concept of Jewish peoplehood since the initial attempts of early 20th century Jewish intellectuals Mordechai Kaplan and Salo Baron. Indeed, its substance goes far beyond the range of a contemporary academic anthology, constituting, rather, a dynamic think tank on the concept of Jewish peoplehood through bringing together intellectuals from France, Israel, the UK, and the United States. The collection offers both intellectual and practical frameworks for grappling with the policy outcomes of different understandings of the peoplehood concept. Contributors to this volume include ted figures from diverse walks of life: academic disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, a rabbi, a literary figure, and communal leaders.
- Author BiographyTzemah Yoreh (PhD, Hebrew University) was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Albright Institute Jerusalem (2006) and Ben-Gurion University (2006-2008). He is currently Assistant Professor of Bible at the American Jewish University.
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1125 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAubrey Glazer,Justin Jaron Lewis,Tzemah Yoreh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.