All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis entertaining and invative book focuses on vocal performance styles that developed in tandem with the sound techlogies of the phograph, radio, and sound film. Writing in a clear and lively style, Jacob Smith looks at these media techlogies and industries through the lens of performance, bringing to light a fascinating nexus of performer, techlogy, and audience. Combining theories of film sound, cultural histories of sound techlogies and industries, and theories of performance, Smith convincingly connects disparate and largely neglected performance niches to explore the development of a modern vocal performance. Vocal Tracks: Performance and Sound Media demonstrates the voice to be a vehicle of performance, identity, and culture and illustrates both the interconnection of all these categories and their relation to the media techlogies of the past century.
- Author BiographyJacob Smith is Lecturer in the Institute of Film and Television Studies in the Department of American and Canadian Studies, University of Nottingham.
- Author(s)Jacob Smith
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.