All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1947, Christian Dior stunned the fashion world with his first collection; his 'New Look' featured designs that transformed the way women dressed. Dior continued to send shockwaves with his later shows, significantly altering the fashion landscape during the ten years of his career as a couturier. This book recounts Dior's search for the perfect line and how his unique vision of women's ideal silhouette developed. More than any designer before him, Dior embraced the dual aspects of creativity and commerce, becoming the first couturier to license his products in 1949. He became one of the most famous designers of the twentieth century, and his name still fronts one of the most successful haute couture fashion houses. As portrayed in the pages of Vogue by photographers such as Horst and Irving Penn and artists like Christian Berard, the book offers a unique insight into Dior's contribution to design, his dramatic impact on the landscape of 40s and 50s fashion and his personal legacy. Vogue, the international fashion bible, has charted the careers of designers through the decades. Its unique archive of photographs, taken by the leading photographers of the day from Cecil Beaton to Mario Testi, and original illustrations, together with its stable of highly respected fashion writers, make Vogue the most authoritative and prestigious source of reference on fashion. With a circulation of over 160,000 and a readership of over 1,400,000, brand is better positioned to present a library on the great fashion designers of the modern age.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Sinclair is a Contributing Editor to Vogue and a writer on the arts, fashion and travel for The Independent, The Financial Times, The Sunday Times, Conde Nast Traveller and Australian Vogue.
- Author(s)Charlotte Sinclair
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleVogue on Designers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteOver 80 colour photographs and illustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.