Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionAfter Mahmoud Darwish's death in 2008, his friend Breyten Breytenbach was inspired to create this collection of poems horing him. There is much fertile common ground the two poets share: a guiding empathy, an uncompromising commitment to truth and humanity, a language and dreamscape rooted in love and hope. Voice Over is Breytenbach's passionate and elegiac exploration 'to look for Darwish among the words'.
- Author BiographyAn outspoken human rights activist, Breyten Breytenbach is a poet, painter, memoirist, essayist and novelist. His paintings and drawings have been exhibited around the world. Born in South Africa, he emigrated to Paris in the late 60s and became deeply involved in the anti-Apartheid movement. Author of <i>Mouroir, A Season in Paradise, The True Confessions of an Albino Terrorist, Dog Heart, The Memory of Birds in Times of Revolution, </i>and<i>A Veil of Footsteps, </i> among many others, Breytenbach received the Alan Paton Award for Return to Paradise in 1994 and the prestigious Hertzog Prize for Poetry for Papierblom in 1999 and for <i>Die Windvanger </i>(<i>Windcatcher</i>) in 2008.
- Author(s)Breyten Breytenbach
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight48 g
- Width122 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.