All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionVoice Studies brings together leading international scholars and practitioners, to re-examine what voice is, what voice does, and what we mean by voice studies in the process and experience of performance. This dynamic and interdisciplinary publication draws on a broad range of approaches, from composing and voice teaching through to psychoanalysis and philosophy, including: * voice training from the Alexander Technique to practice-as-research; * operatic and extended voices in early baroque and contemporary underwater singing; * voices across cultures, from site-specific choral performance in Kentish mines and Australian sound art, to the laments of Kraho Indians, Korean pansori and Javanese wayang; * voice, embodiment and gender in Robertson's 1798 production of Phantasmagoria, Cathy Berberian radio show, and Romeo Castellucci's theatre; * perceiving voice as a composer, listener, or as eavesdropper; * voice, techlogy and mobile apps. With contributions spanning six continents, the volume considers the processes of teaching or writing for voice, the performance of voice in theatre, live art, music, and on recordings, and the experience of voice in acoustic perception and research. It concludes with a multifaceted series of short provocations that simply revisit the core question of the whole volume: what is voice studies?
- Author BiographyKonstantinos Thomaidis is a Lecturer in Drama and Theatre at the University of Portsmouth. He is joint founder of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Voice Studies, co-convenes the Performer Training working group at TaPRA and is founding editor of the Journal of Interdisciplinary Voice Studies. Ben Macpherson is Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for Musical Theatre at the University of Portsmouth. He is joint founder of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Voice Studies, a founding editor of the Journal of Interdisciplinary Voice Studies and composer of musical theatre.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleRoutledge Voice Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white halftones
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byBen Macpherson,Konstantinos Thomaidis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.