All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever been told that you have a great voice? Put it to use in a career as a voiceover actor! Veteran voice-over actor, writer, producer, and teacher Janet Wilcox provides the inside scoop on the industry and personal training to help voice-over hopefuls find work in network promos, commercials, documentaries, books on tape, radio, animated films, and more! This rich resource comes with a CD-ROM featuring vocal exercises and interviews with voice-over actors. Readers will discover a treasure trove of useful information, including: Acting warm-ups Vocal workouts Improv sketches Character work sheets Tips for making demos Sample V.O. scripts Interviews with show biz heavyweights Casting insights Advice on getting professional representation Secrets to finding opportunities in traditional and emerging venues And much more! Voiceovers, Second Edition shows readers how to use that great voice to garner cash and compliments. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyJanet Wilcox is a voice-over actor whose clients include E!, ABC, Lifetime, HBO, Lowe's, Nickelodeon, Cinemax, Lancome, the Discovery Channel, and others. She has worked as a writer, producer, and director on major promotion campaigns for HBO, A&E, and the History Channel. She taught improv classes and voice-over workshops in conjunction with Heyman Talent and the SAG Conservatory. She currently teaches studio voice-over classes at UCLA Extension and lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Janet Wilcox
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.